Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Restless poem and Hutch High

Hutch High was amazing. It was so fun, and so cool. Cancer research, the Dead Sea Scrolls, IMAX theater, friends (!!!!), snow and snowball fights on the past...etc. It was so much fun. I want to go back to Seattle with my pals and spend some time sightseeing and hanging out.

Anyway. Today was all homework and stress, and by the end of the day, I'm exhausted. So I left the house right before it got dark and jogged around the track. (Jogging meaning running the slowest way possible). I had this stressed energy I needed to get out. And some words popped into my head as well.

Restless.
Leave the house.
Turn on the music
to drown my thoughts.
Little triggers I encounter
every so often
that start an onslaught of emotion.
I need to get out of here.
So restless
Can't focus
Can't think.
This is new to me...
I don't want to be here right now.
Feels as if my soul
is going to burst out of my body
and fly straight away towards the heavens.
I need to rid myself of this energy.
The headphones go in.
The door shuts.
There I go.

As I was walking, I saw a cool thing. The leaves left rainy shadows on the pavement. Like footprints.

Tomorrow will be homework as well. But whatever. I'll probably go for a walk again, and everything will be okay. Because it is all good. My perspective's just a little off because I'm tired and stressed.

5 Comments:

Blogger A Person said...

I recovered the post i typed last night,so head on over to my blog when you have a chance. I put an idea on my post on how you can keep your blog private to all but who you want to read it. So which track do you run on? And yeah that's cool that music/ running seems to make you feel so much better. Maybe I should write a post on the importance of channeling negative emotion into things like that. Good idea!!!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Zeta Xariel said...

I like rain, and Seattle, and science. Boo hoo! YOO HOO!!! GOO GOO GA GA!



...I'm reeeeeeeally tired.

8:19 PM  
Blogger James said...

The leaves left rainy shadows on the pavement. Like footprints.
That is so going in the notebook...er, index cards...yeah!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger James said...

And don't you dare go back later and delete that poem because you thought it was stupid. I'll be very angry.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Zeta Xariel said...

NO BAHLEETS FOR YOU!!!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home