Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Buscalia and vulnerability

So I’ve been wanting to post about Buscalia, and now that I finally get a chance its getting late and AHHHHH!
Yesterday and today I’ve been teased about a certain someone by Sofia. She likes public humiliation. Thankfully, it doesn’t embarrass me too bad; I just laugh- ‘cause it’s funny. (If you hear a sentence with “love notes” and my name, don’t believe it- it isn’t true. *grins*)

I sat at dinner and endured (barely) a HUGE one hour lecture by my father about helping my mom, doing my job, not being part of the “cool” crowd, and other things I can’t remember. I do remember, however, that I was accused of spending too much time “primping” and that I was turning into a “preppie” and that all I cared about was getting on the internet. Wonderful. Thank you, father. *blows raspberry* Whatever.

Okay, okay, about my sign from God. Here I am, trying to convince myself that the best thing for me is to be loving to everyone else, but to build these huge walls and not really let anyone in and thus not get hurt in any way at all. I was seriously thinking about it- I thought it’d be better for me. And so we’re going to watch this video of the crazy Italian guy (YAY!) and the FIRST WORD I HEAR IS: vulnerability. I was like, “Oh man. What now? Am I about to get hit in the head with a 2X4?”
Answer: YES. Smack!!! So Buscalia starts discussing the need for vulnerability, and how it’s necessary in any relationship. I totally got SCHOOLED in everything I was trying to tell myself. Emphasis on totally got schooled. Wow. And he said how hugs are healthy and it made me want to love everyone and hug everyone. Unfortunately, PDAs partly prevent this from occurring. (Sorry, guys).
(I was going to write more about this, but I can’t remember. The fire has faded. Darn it!)
Hutch High tomorrow. I am so incredibly excited! I get to hang out with my pals Sofia, Laura, and JAMES! Hurray!
My house is 74 degrees right now. I’m burning up man!
Okay, I’m an excited ball of nerves right now. And I’m tired too. Ah, I have to finish packing. And…load more songs onto my iPod.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Person said...

Hey maybe you should listen to your dad. Except for the primping thing, it sounded good to me. Why was he lecturing to you about the "cool crowd" I wonder? Does he think that you've been doing that lately or what. and yeah, i liked what you said about Buscaglia's words, and I quoted your quote on my post, and talked about the need for openness in a relationship. I think I understand what you mean when you talk about fear of vulnerablity, but I'm not sure. I think you're using it to mean openness. either way, it made me think, so it's all good.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Zeta Xariel said...

Are...are we not cool enough for your father?

PORQUE?????!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!111/1/1/1!!!1!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home