Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Friday, October 27, 2006

Mind dump again? Minus several thoughts...

Uh oh. It's 11:12 pm and I'm ready to go all out stream of consciousness. Stop reading now while you still have the chance.

Several things happened today.
Yvonne...well, what's the word? Lost it? Tweaked? Broke down? Yes yes, she broke down. I've never seen anyone act like that in my entire life. That's when I realized the gravity of the situation. This isn't just some prank for attention- this is serious. And who am I to think I can help? All I could do was stand there and rub her back while she cried and listed off about five different psychological complexes in five seconds. What am I doing? I came back for Mass just in time for the Eucharist. God knows I needed it- I prayed for strength and wisdom, and everything else I usually pray for. It was rough, let me tell you. I had no idea it was that bad with her. No idea at all until then. So that stressed me out juuuust a little bit. But I calmed down (or up, I guess) after a while. Friends are good for that kind of cheering up.

Note: I hate it when you get compliments and non-compliments for the same thing. So confusing. Gah!

I love seeing people happy- I think I was more excited about Sofia being homecoming princess than she was. She looked so beautiful...

Homecoming tomorrow. Hmmm...YES!!!! Okay, okay, I'm excited. And GUESS WHAT! This may sound exceedingly materialistic...but I'll risk it. I was bummed because my mom refused to get me shoes to match my dress, and I told my older sister Rosalinda about it, and then I come home today and what's on my bed? A pair of shoes that match PERFECTLY color and everything with small heels (because I'd rather not tower over everyone, thank you)- they're a half size too big, so she's going to exchange them for me. HOORAY! I'm so excited!
This weekend (minus homework) will be great. I'm curious as to how I'll feel after its over though, you know? When all the hype is done? I don't want to settle for boring routine with nothing to look forward to.

Hey I thought of something completely random and nerdily fun. Disney movie party at my house! Haha!
Okay okay so maybe its lame. I just haven't seen Mulan or Hercules or whatever in forever, and I miss them. (Mulan rocks my socks).

I am so amazingly tired. I will sleep in, shower and all, spend the whole day getting hyped up so I'm in a great mood for the dance, and then party all night like its homecoming 2006.

Optimism? Definitely.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Person said...

You typed this at 11:21 p.m.? I posted a new entry somewhere between 8 and 9:30. Success. You told me to get online tonight and by that I thought you wanted me to make a new post. I would have felt bad not posting after your insistence to do so last night, so I went and got er done. I saw that there were no comments, but that's alright, as long as you read it or know that i stuck to my promise and got online.

Anyways, I'm glad you got cheered up after having to console Yvonne. Your willingness to help Yvonne got me to thinking about my own life. I recall learning about the sin of ommission in Catholicism class last year, and I wonder if that's exactly what I am committing. I see a kid getting totally picked on by a bigger kid, and I just walk on by?? I see a friend break down, and I laugh and leave it to someone else to console her??? That's where all my contemplation has got me??? I think you should take pride in the fact that, in a Catholic school of 120 students you were the only one to try to help Yvonne. Thanks for inspiring me to get off my duff and help people I know I could help. The next time, something like this happens, you won't be alone in doing the right thing. I promise!!!

And the compliments, non-compliments thing. Do you mean when 6 people compliment you about something, and then there's that one person that totally insults you about it?? I know, I hate that too, and my self-image becomes very confused. Or are you talking about when people like me compliment you, and then a few minutes later insult you about it. Sometimes my tongue gets the better of me. I have never intentionally insulted you and I never will. Maybe I'm just a jerk, or I need to put my ADD under control and "roll my words around in my head", put a handle on my impulsiveness.

Loving you more each day (Even the days when I accidentally give you a non-compiment.)

10:32 AM  
Blogger A Person said...

Oh yeah forgot to add this one in. Hurray for parties, they break through the routine like a fog light through...well, fog. I am always happiest when I have something to look forward to very week, and every day has more purpose than just getting through

10:36 AM  
Blogger Zeta Xariel said...

Yeah, I was kind of scared when Yvonne started yelling...so I kinda left. Sorry about that!

Anyways, I tink a Disney movie party would be exellent.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home