Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Saturday, October 14, 2006

A huge comment on Paul's post

Paul Paul Paul.

That last post was amazingly good. Emphasis on amazingly.
  • You're right. Honesty isn't just about telling everything. So I'm not being dishonest by keeping some stuff to myself.
  • The coincidences are incredible. Unfortunately, I don't know what vicarious means. I'll have to look it up. And about the sad pictures, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I like them because they make me think, they have a deeper meaning than other pictures. I doubt we're masochists, though. We just...weird. Like being sad?? Goooooood question.
  • Oh yes. I am someone you can share your pain with. That seems to be embedded into my soul- I tend to do that with people (though I always seem to feel bad sharing whatever pain I may be experiencing).
  • Hey, I think I might stop selling myself short and take my self-esteem off the clothesline. Good idea.
  • Constant "coincidences" = three letter word being G-O-D?? Because, pardon my faith, I believe He may be trying to tell you something. What, I don't know, but I'm sure you will.
  • Your last paragraph was very very nice, and made me feel good. Thank you, Paul. And those of us who do our best to give you the push you need...we believe in you. You also shouldn't think low of yourself. You're not low. You're deep and intellectual and insightful. And that's a pretty darn good combo.

Unfortunately, I don't have time right now to actually post concerning whatever is going through my brain that's not about Paul's post, so I will post later. Like tonight. Probably really late, since I can't get on tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Person said...

Just so you know, the word vicarious means 1. performed, excercised, recieved, or suffered in place of another 2. taking the place of another person or thing; acting or serving 3. felt or enjoyed in imagined participation in the experience of others. Hey, another coincidence, the page across from that definition has your name, Victoria: ancient Roman goddess of victory.

Anyways in order to read the lyrics I referred you to for the song Vicarious paste this into the address bar.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tool/vicarious.html

It's a set of tpid of cally brilliant Tool lyrics. Its message plays on that theme of "Why do I like depressing things so much" The song is about how people get so much of a vicarious thrill from watching violence and other people's pain, particularly on Tv. "we all feed on tragedy, it's like blood to a vampire" and "we won't give pause until the blood is flowing" most embodies the message of the song.

8:38 PM  
Blogger A Person said...

I meant to type this on the last comment, but I got my laptop confiscated and had to move to the office computer. Anyways, on second thought about those Tool lyrics, they are very graphic, macabre, and macho. They are deep , but I'm not sure how much you would like them. The instrumentals, particularly the drums (Danny CArey, wwhy can't I be you) have been stated to be God-like and their vocalist is very versatile and sings with a combination of feminine and hard rock vocal style, with vocal control comparable to Amy Lee. I would say that he is the male equivalent of Amy Lee. Tool has been branded rightly as "philosophy metal" but i guess they are a bit grim and graphic for a girl. Give them a try though, I'd like to know what you think about them.

Anyways, on a more note, I just wanted to say that after hearing from that lady who kept her abortion secret for 27 years, it occurred to me that I was sending the wrong message by saying that "everybody needs their secrets and you have a right to keep those secrets to yourself" without also stating that some secrets are better ot be told, rather than eating away at you, so fdon't hesittate to take the burden of such secrets off yourself by sharing that load with a few close friends.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home