Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Something to vent about!

I have just suddenly thought of something to vent about- YES!
Put on your seatbelts. This could be a bumpy ride.

Subject: Chick flicks, and the ideas they’re putting into the minds of young girls like me.

In all these chick flicks, no matter the small variations of the story lines, you have the happy ending when the girl gets the guy (or vice versa). There is always the guy who is sweet, understanding, kind, totally in love with the girl, and, not to mention, exceedingly handsome. And everything always works out. Always.
And these poor girls watch these movies and PINE over these mature, wonderful, handsome guys and wonder where the heck they are in the real world. Hence, half the girls out there are hopeless romantics. The other third or fourth are cynics. (The rest are too shallow to care). (Note: I’m stuck in between. Heh).
I don’t know. I haven’t watched a typical chick flick like “The Perfect Man” (Hilary Duff-haha) in forever, so when I did, I found myself in the similar situation of “awwww”-ing part of the time, and I realized…I used to watch these and get so unhappy, because I didn’t understand why I didn’t look like these girls, for one thing, but mostly I didn’t understand why I couldn’t find guys like that who would treat me the way they treated girls in the movies.

The real question(s) is (are): Does this perfect guy EXIST (if so, for every girl?)? Do these relationships exist, where the guy is everything the girl wants and more? Is Hollywood leading every girl on so that she pines and pines for something that will never happen? Does it ever happen? If so, when? Are us girls falling for something completely fake? How do we know?

I’ve talked to so many girls who say, “I just want to meet a nice guy…”
News flash: Girls want guys who will treat us right: someone to talk to, be with, have fun with, be deep or silly with…someone who understands and loves us (well, love to the extent that is possible at this age). And if you’re insecure about your looks, don’t worry about it. Girls who only judge on looks don’t deserve nice guys until they get it together. I, personally, am amazingly affected by the personality of a person. If a “hot” guy is rude and conceited...my opinion, honestly?: ew. Guys that cuss to sound cool, or do what people say to blend into the crowd, or try to impress girls by being idiots…a lot of girls hate that. I know I do.

It’s hard for me not knowing who a person is. I’m at a stage with someone right now where I don’t know his personality all that well, but I’d like to. Is he shallow? There’s a large possibility. Is he rude when he’s with his friends? So I’ve heard. But I hate not knowing.
I guess you could call me one of those strange…um…girls who wants to know everyone…? I guess?

Uh oh. Now I’m just rambling about random things.

Oh yeah, oh yeah. I just want to let the guys know who read this (my pals- you know who you are) that I appreciate your being different. I appreciate how you are yourselves- how you’re not trying to impress, not trying to be cool- how you guys are amazing, and every girl will need someone like you to make them happy (and you deserve the best of these girls). Thanks. You guys give me hope.

Wow. See how mushy that chick flick made me? Geez…


PS. I realize this is a completely girly post, so I understand if none of you understand. But I would like if you'd comment- even if it was just to complain how lame this is. *grins and winks*

1 Comments:

Blogger Zeta Xariel said...

Stop thinking!
Conform!

ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home