Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ralph Waldo Emerson is my pal

And now presenting the intelligent quotes of Ralph Waldo Emerson (for lack of words on my part. Not lack of feelings, just lack of words...)

Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet. (THATS TO MY GUYS!)

Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think. (to my wonderful intelligent friends)

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

God enters by a private door into every individual.

I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new. (!!!!!!!!!)

If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me. (hint from God to myself)


If you really read this and muse over them...they mean a lot. But then again, my pal Emerson also said, "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know. "

This site is wonderful. http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Ralph_Waldo_Emerson/
I couldn't think of what to say, so I can express myself through these quotes. Now James, you have heard Emerson's writing. And you guys who also haven't heard him, consider yourself thus educated. *grins*

And now, one of my absolute new favorites, for every person...

Give all to love; obey thy heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Person said...

I'm sure you can make up your own quotes. Write poetry and songs like me, about our philosophies, your take on life, your spleen venting. Then you can bust out a quote at the appropriate time, and when someone says "What profound soul thought of that, you can say I DID. The cool thing about songs or me, they're like my philosophy condensed into one page. And then I explain each line, and pull out copious amounts of thoughts from one page of text. It's like having a high tech backpack the size of your hand, yet it can condense 30 textbooks all into that tiny place. Poetry and songs are a busyman (or woman's) channel for philosophy. I don't have time to sit under a tree for years (or was it weeks, like Buddha, so I spend half an hour writing down my thoughts, using strong word choice to make my thoughts come alive.

Loving you more each day.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home