Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Fulfillment by Self-giving

I just got to spend the whole day either singing at church or babysitting. Whew! I'm super tired, but I had fun.

I have discovered that when one is wanting/needing affection and attention and cannot receive it or give it, one should spend time with a few cute little kids. It's very fulfilling. As soon as I walked in the door, Laura threw her arms around me, then the little girl in her arms hugged me, then the other little girl put her arms up so I picked her up. That was within the first few seconds, too. The rest of the time I was spinning them around in the yard, swinging on the swinging bench and being a dork...oh man. It was so fun. And I got to talk to Laura, too, which was needed.
So basically I felt loved. It was nice.
And all I had to do was spend my day for others. Like what Father said today in Mass- one definition of love is self-sacrifice. So by helping others, either by singing or watching their children, I felt that fulfillment. *smile*

And I plan on having a good rest of the weekend (hooray for no school Monday!)
Ahhhhrggg...myyyyyshoulderrrrrristighteningupagainnnnnn....owwww.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grooooovy....
Oh, how was "the infant?" Cute, yes?
-james

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home