Stream of Consciousness

I guess this is what you would call writing anything and everything in the most honest way possible...almost...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Random Topics

Okay so I have several random topics I might as well talk about, since there's nothing else to do online.
1) I loathe shorts with all my being. Actually I don't. I just loathe myself in them. Sick. Gahhhhhh!!!!!!! I tried to find a pair today, and I lost about half of any self-esteem I had while I failed miserably in my search. Except for a pair of long plaid ones. But even I can barely pull those off. Gahhhhh!!!!! (PS I'm just being honest with how I'm feeling here, guys.)
2) About makeup, and how it screws girls over. Okay, so you have a nice looking girl who doesn't wear makeup, and she's fine with it. Then, she gets some makeup. Yeah, she's all psyched to wear it and make herself look a little prettier for a special event. She sees herself with it on and likes what she sees. She decides to wear it more often. Soon she finds it harder to not wear it- she doesn't look as good without it. It doesn't take long before applying makeup is routine. When another special event comes up, she has to wear even more to "look prettier." Then the cycle continues. On and on and on. Until she can't stand seeing herself, or others seeing her, without her makeup. She thinks she's ugly without it.
And that's exactly what happens. The other day, I was talking with someone about makeup, and how I probably couldn't not wear any if I was around other people. Afterwards, I realized how I was falling (fell?) into the trap, so I dared myself to not wear any the next day when I saw that same someone again. I put on a microscopic amount (seriously) in a second (literally) of weakness, but nonetheless, I was proud of myself, though I did feel inadequate. It was frightening, but I did it.
3) Tomorrow morning is my drive test. We'll see what happens. I wish I could go to Mass beforehand, but the drive's at 8:45am and I have to go early to practice backing around a corner and parallel parking. I'm excited, in a sickly nervous way. God's will be done.
4) The kids are watching TV. YUCK!!! to the nth degree.

Shoot. I have a translation to do for my dad for his work. Doesn't ASAP mean 'do it when you have a chance' ??? Juuust kidding.
oh! 5) I went to Adoration the other day, on Friday. I loved it. Oh. man. It was wonderful.

Okay, gotta go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zeta Xariel said...

I just found out how to get on teh internet tonight right before I had to go to bed, and this post makes me extraordinarily sad. Tommorrow, I will call you and speak with you at great length about this subject. I miss James and Victoria...:(

Gotta run, my mother is stomping up the stairs.

9:30 PM  
Blogger James said...

Hey, peachy, check your email.
Pleashe? (wish lotsh of shpit)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home